Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Welcome back...

After only a few days, I get a text from a random number. I know its her because well, I just do. So I open it and we chat for a bit, she is killing my buzz and I let her know. The conversation goes towards crazy things, I talk, she talks... and it comes down to my saying "If you miss me, ask me to a movie and don't stay for a week and freak yourself out". So, she asks me to a movie, I say sure, we meet for coffee. She wants to know if things will be weird, just as a starting point. and I tell her it won't. She says she wants to keep seeing me, we talk. Things won't be any less complicated. She's willing to be more open and unafraid of the idea of being with someone (i.e. caring for someone, loving [gasp!] someone), I'll be less insecure... and we won't be exclusive. This is an issue for me, she doesn't want anyone else, but she wants the oppertunity, I tell her if she starts seeing someone I'm taking off. This is hard for me, because well, I like her... so.







When on the "road to somewhere" (which is where relationships sometimes go, i.e. the chain of events that leads to a commited relationship...) there need to be road signs, or stops for the travelor weary of commitment. There are speed limits, scenic outlooks and basically years until she's ready. Either way, amazing woman... god.

No comments: